The most promising options for in vivo application of viral vectors.
In vivo expression and knockdown experiments help uncover the phenotypic impact of a genetic modification on the level of the living organism.
The biological characteristics of adeno-associated viruses (AAVs) make them ideal for in vivo application of viral vectors.
Benfits of AAV:
- Lack of apparent pathogenicity → low immunogenicity
- Long term gene expression in vivo(> 1 year)
- Infects dividing and non-dividing cells
- Different serotypes/ promoters allow for highest tissue specificity
- BL-1 (S1) compatible in Germany (other safety regulations might apply in other countries)
SIRION BIOTECH specialize in custom adeno-associated virus services for design and AAV production of serotypes AAV1-6 and 1.2 in less than 8 weeks. The AAV virus production service allows for the integration of virtually any desired expression construct within the vector's cloning capacity (4.5 kb). Highly purified and concentrated AAVs enable non-toxic in vivo delivery.